- Rising Hollywood star Josh Lawson has made his return to Brisbane to star as Paul Hogan in the new Seven Network miniseries about the Aussie icon.
may 28 | www.smh.com.au
- The story in "Cleverman," a six-part drama that begins Wednesday, June 1, on SundanceTV, is inspired by Australian Aboriginal folklore, but this unusual series has allegories relevant to just about anywhere.
may 26 | www.nytimes.com
- while audiences are lining up for the latest Captain America film, a new Australian superhero is coming to our TVs on June 2. Cleverman blends Aboriginal mythology with contemporary superhero style and cutting political commentary.
may 26 | www.swinburne.edu.au
- A new Australian TV series blends Indigenous mythology with contemporary superhero style and political punch to go deeper than many of the Hollywood blockbusters
may 26 | www.abc.net.au
- ABC3 drama Little Lunch has won the Prix Jeunesse International Award for Best Fiction Program for 7-10 year olds in Munich.
may 26 | www.tvtonight.com.au
- When a group of rowdy men board a late-night bus, their attention immediately turns to a pretty young girl sitting quietly at the back reading a book.
may 25 | au.news.yahoo.com
- Next week, Cleverman will make its premiere on the ABC, offering up an exhilarating vision of what Australian TV can be.
may 23 | www.theguardian.com
- I was once arrogant enough to believe that Rake was just another talky, smart-arse ABC drama replete with quirky characters, a courtroom setting and political commentary. Then I actually watched it. Properly. And dear Christ was I wrong.
may 19 | www.theguardian.com
- Anyone familiar with Wolf Creek and its sequel would expect a TV spin-off to be centred on the wisecracking, racist, unnervingly chipper serial killer Mick Taylor... Astutely, Wolf Creek creator Greg McLean... has shifted the focus away from Mick to a vengeance-seeking American youngster named Eve Thorogood, forcing John Jarratt to share the limelight with relative newcomer Lucy Fry.
may 18 | au.news.yahoo.com
- Disgraced actor Jeremy Kewley... has been sentenced to 23 months jail and a three year community corrections order after pleading guilty to child sex offences.
may 17 | au.news.yahoo.com
- To describe The Katering Show merely as a cooking-show parody is like describing Nigella Lawson as some woman who knows how to boil an egg.
may 13 | www.theage.com.au
- A sexy brand: tick. International appeal: tick. Star cast: tick. All six episodes to binge: tick. Money on the screen: tick. If there's a box Wolf Creek hasn't got checked, it's hard to find here.
may 12 | www.tvtonight.com.au
- When we last saw roguish criminal lawyer Cleaver Greene, at the end of the third season of Rake, he was hanging upside down from a rope attached to an out-of-control hot-air balloon sweeping over Sydney Harbour.
may 12 | www.theage.com.au
- Just when you thought it was safe to travel through the Aussie outback in a camper van or a beaten up Kombi van, Mick Taylor turns up with 'that' voice and 'that' laugh in a new six part series on SVOD service STAN
may 10 | decidertv.com
- Actor Scott Burgess, best known for Water Rats and 1915... died earlier this month following a heart attack.
may 10 | www.tvtonight.com.au
- Packed to the Rafters star Ben Mingay will star in the title role of Alan Bond in House of Bond, the mini-series now in production for the Nine Network.
may 10 | www.mediaday.com.au
- Serial killer Mick Taylor (John Jarrett) is back for the TV version of the movies, but this is no cheap knock off of those truly terrifying flicks. And it's probably not what you'd expect either.
may 09 | decidertv.com
- Australian media mogul Reg Grundy, the television producer behind Australian soap opera "Neighbors," has died aged 92.
may 09 | variety.com
- Tammy MacIntosh has starred in a raft of iconic Australian TV dramas but nothing could prepare her for the emotional trauma she would endure when she signed up for Foxtel's gritty prison drama Wentworth.
may 04 | au.news.yahoo.com
- ABC3's Nowhere Boys is doing a Skins, refreshing its juvenile cast with a new batch of teens. 5 new principals, including the first 'Nowhere Girl', are now filming a new season in Melbourne, picking up the storyline where several years later.
may 05 | www.tvtonight.com.au
- 01 - Cleverman (SundanceTV - USA)
- 02 - Cleverman (ABC)
- 05 - Secret City (Showcase)
- 04 - The Kettering Incident (Showcase)
- 3 - Richard Sutherland (1971)
- 5 - Dieter Brummer (1976)
- 6 - Alan Dale (1947)
- 7 - Justin Melvey (1969)
- 10 - Rachel Gordon (1976)
- 11 - Anita Hegh (1972)
- 11 - Matthew Newton (1977)
- 11 - Holly Valance (1983)
- 11 - Justin Rosniak (1977)
- 12 - Glenn Robbins (1956)
- 14 - Cate Blanchett (1969)
- 14 - David Reyne (1959)
- 14 - Ada Nicodemou (1977)
- 19 - Claudia Karvan (1972)
- 19 - James Reyne (1957)
- 21 - Brett Tucker (1972)
- 21 - Josephine Mitchell (1965)
- 21 - Inge Hornstra (1974)
- 22 - Gary Sweet (1957)
- 24 - Brian Wenzel (1929)
- 25 - Kick Gurry (1978)
- 26 - Marieke Hardy (1976)
- 26 - Rachael Blake (1971)
- 27 - Stephen Lovatt (1964)
- 27 - Sara Wiseman (1975)
- 28 - Kylie Minogue (1968)
- 28 - Beth Allen (1984)
- 29 - Louise Siversen (1958)