- After 27 years with the Southern Star Group and now Endemol Shine Australia, John Edwards is going solo.
november 25 | if.com.au
- TV3 bosses hope Trinity Point will be a must-visit destination for their viewers... The show will be based around a beach community, will screen up to four nights a week, and will require $10 million of funding. It is understood the plot will revolve around a group of families living at a fictional seaside resort north of Auckland.
november 21 | www.nzherald.co.nz
- Wrong Girl has turned out to be the right girl for Channel 10. Fan favourite Jessica Marais will star in the new Melbourne-made drama for the network next year, alongside a returning Offspring starring Gold Logie-winner Asher Keddie.
november 19 | www.news.com.au
- John Edwards today likened the state of the Australian TV drama production industry to a "stagnant billabong," marked by fewer series, the same writers, inflated costs for no apparent quality gain, shrinking audiences and increasingly reliance on subsidy.
november 17 | if.com.au
- We know the ABC is facing challenging times, given the Abbott government's decision last year to cut the station's budget by A$254 million over five years. What we don't know is how hard those cuts are falling on the locally-produced children's TV shown on ABC3.
november 15 | theconversation.com
- When it comes to schemers, Regina Standish on period drama A Place to Call Home is right up there with TV's most devious.
november 12 | au.news.yahoo.com
- TV3 is proposing a new soap that will try to replicate Home and Away — and it could be one of [New Zealand's] most expensive shows ever made.
november 15 | www.nzherald.co.nz
- Britain, you sent Australia your convicts. In return, we sent you a TV show celebrating them. Strap on your nostalgia goggles, it's time to revisit one of the most bizarre, violent, lesbian-fetishy-heart-warming dramas ever created.
november 10 | www.denofgeek.com
- ...the success of Channel Seven's 800 Words is a triumph... in part because it... demonstrates that free-to-air commercial television can do more in these convulsive times than resort to an unrelenting diet of reality-TV competitions in order to attract viewers
november 12 | www.smh.com.au
- Sigrid Thornton has joined the cast of Wentworth Season 4, which will premiere on Foxtel in 2016.
november 05 | if.com.au
- For the past several years, American television has experienced a major lack of dynamic, genuinely intriguing female characters. Well, there's good news. The next great television character has arrived — ready and waiting to redefine American television. Her name is Phryne Fisher
november 01 | www.masslive.com
- ALMOST a decade has passed since Bridie Carter was a regular on our TV screens... while Carter has filmed guest roles on series... no long-term acting project has managed to entice her to sign on. Until 800 Words and the role of newspaper editor Jan came along
october 30 | www.news.com.au
- Producers of Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries are hoping to remake the classic Australian novel Seven Little Australians by Ethel Turner.
october 29 | www.tvtonight.com.au
- Good news for Glitch fans, waiting for answers to big questions - ABC has just confirmed a second series.
october 26 | www.tvtonight.com.au
- 2 - Westside (Gem)
- 7 - The Divorce (ABC)
- 1 - Tina Arena (1967)
- 1 - Toni Collette (1972)
- 3 - Angus McLaren (1988)
- 4 - Myles Pollard (1972)
- 4 - Robert Menzies (1955)
- 4 - Lani John Tupu (1955)
- 6 - Liddy Clark (1953)
- 6 - Vince Colosimo (1966)
- 9 - Oliver Ackland (1979)
- 10 - Jessica Tovey (1987)
- 10 - Andrew Morley (1989)
- 11 - Ashleigh Cummings (1992)
- 12 - Kate Bell (1983)
- 14 - Michala Banas (1978)
- 14 - Brooke Satchwell (1980)
- 15 - Lewis Fitz-Gerald (1958)
- 16 - Gigi Edgley (1977)
- 16 - Tim Ferguson (1963)
- 24 - Dan Falzon (1974)
- 24 - Shane Bourne (1949)
- 28 - Ryan Kwanten (1976)
- 28 - Kristian Schmid (1974)
- 30 - Kate Fischer (1973)